Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Mint original condition!!!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Mint original condition!!!!!

    No affiliation.

    No further comments as a picture is worth a thousand words.

    ALTEC LANSING - 515E WOOFERS ORIG. MATCHING PAIR - MINT - eBay (item 160330348720 end time Apr-29-09 23:52:22 PDT)
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mint original condition!!!!!

    OK, being the novice that I am here and all....

    I noticed 2 discrepancies here.

    1. Someone cut them

    2. And who ever did the cutting/slicing, did so at the most idiotic place you could on the frame where the support meets the lips. There goes the structural rigidity of these......


    Wonder what they will sell for?

    Also, there is no mentioning of the slices being cut out........... & he has the nerve/ audicity to have a reserve on them, lol......



    -chris

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Mint original condition!!!!!

    To the best of my knowledge, Altec discontinued the green paint "before" the large(16 inch) frame was introduced. The dust caps are certainly not original or correct for a ferrite 515. There doesn't appear to be any dope on the surrounds, which suggests a non-altec recone, or a recone by a backyard shop.

    I'm no expert, these are just my observations so please take them with a grain of salt.

    Besides being green, i was just looking for another shred of truth in the description.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mint original condition!!!!!

    On my monitor that doesn't even look like the right green to me, but I'll admit that I'm fully aware that monitors and cameras can do funny things to colors. However, I think it looks like a cheap repaint.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mint original condition!!!!!

    I would be interested in his definition of non mint.

    Jim N

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Mint original condition!!!!!

    Maybe he means "mint green"?
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Mint original condition!!!!!


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Thumbs up Re: Mint original condition!!!!!

    Blow up the pic...the cuts are not even straight.

    Also note the complete lack of visible cone numbers....lastly...no screw rash from mounting.

    These have been cut, reconed, and repainted....
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mint original condition!!!!!

    I've seen those cuts before. That's how you get 16" frames to fit in 825 boxes...

    ...before you sober up.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mint original condition!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    I've seen those cuts before. That's how you get 16" frames to fit in 825 boxes...

    ...before you sober up.
    I've only heard of problems with early 210's, where does the problem come into play with the 825?
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  10. #10
    Inactive Member charlesmc75's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2005
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mint original condition!!!!!

    Here is another "mint" pair for sale. Welborne Labs Much newer construction though, not to mention more $$$

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.